Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I am getting better!!!!

Look... only 9 days between posts. That is a considerable improvement from the last time. I hope this posts finds you all well. This is a week of bittersweet for the McMahan/Beal family.

Friday evening, we got the unexpected news that Aunt Barbara had passed away. She is the most fabulous person you could meet. She has a way to make you laugh no matter what the conversation. She has the most gorgeous full lips that people pay thousands for. We love you Aunt Barbara and while you are absent from body, you are with us in spirit. Please visit http://www.mem.com/display/biography.asp?ID=1376456 to learn more about her.


On Saturday, My parents, Conor, and I made an early morning trip to Amarillo for my cousins graduation. It brings back some awesome memories from when I graduated from High School. It made me so proud. Yes, I even cried. Not just because it was a High School graduation, it was so much more than that. My cousin graduated from the Richard Milburn Academy. For those of you who don't know it is an alternative school that gives you a "second chance". As I sat in my chair and listened to the commencement, it made me realize these kids didn't have an easy journey in High School like most of us take for granted. They had to work extra hard with many hardships to achieve the same goal. It made me really appreciate what they had to do to get where they are today. I don't have pictures right now, but I will upload when I get them in.

Moving on.... In order to prepare Conor for his swimming lessons which start next week, the mini pool was in running order on Sunday afternoon! I really think he is going to LOVE this!!! He calls it swimming, even though the pool is no wider than 4 feet and only 6 inches deep.


Lastly, Cookie and Paw are in town!!!! They arrived yesterday afternoon. It is always such a pleasant visit when they are here. Conor loves to visit, even though it takes him a few hours to reaquaint himself.


So that is all for now. Next week should include adventures of swimming lessons at the "Y".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful tribute to my mom thank you for being such a great member of the family...
Pam