Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Having a 4 year-old is FUN!!

A few things have transpired since my last post. Conor is now a BIG BOY and sleeping in his own bed and own room! This is a revelation for us all. I know we probably didn't follow all the "rules" when it came to sleeping arrangements in our house. It all started 3.5 years ago when Conor got his first ear infection. The only way he would sleep was if he was snuggled right up to me. He never slept in his room again. The kid learned how to make himself throw up. The only way he would calm down was to put him in our room. So a few months back we decided it was time to "cut the cord" so to speak. We ventured out on the quest to find the perfect big boy bed. We went everywhere! Nothing seemed to be what we had in mind. I resorted to the internet and found the perfect bed from Step2. It shipped right to the front door and took about an hour to put together. The bed is about 3 ft off the floor. It has great storage underneath it and best of all, HE LOVES IT!




Here is a picture of Conor and his friend Ashlyn. They were painting Spiderman piggy banks.



Last and certainly not least, Conor has officially been signed up for Soccer through the Lubbock Soccer Association. I am so delighted that he shows interest in it. I am completely honest in saying that I have been looking forward to soccer since we found we were having a boy. I am officially a soccer Mom. Well, almost, the season starts in March. We will definately keep you guys posted on practices, games and most of all pictures.



PS - NEWS FLASH the Expedition gets the same gas mileage as the minivan did! I was fooled into thinking this whole time that the minivan was getting better mileage!

No comments: