Monday, June 30, 2008

This post is long overdue...

Ok, so I have had a few requests for an update. Sorry for taking so long.

Gina - I wasn't ignoring you the other day at work. I was away from my desk with your IM popped up and when I got back in there you were signed out. BTW - doesn't look like I was picked for Boise. I kinda thought they would come out and ask for volunteers, but I guess not. I think Beth is going from our group. I was a little disappointed :-(

On to my post.... A couple of weeks ago, I wrote this huge long post about how I was healing and how upset I was with my Dr. For some stupid unknown reason, I clicked to spell check and the whole flippin' blog was gone. I was so discouraged that I slammed the laptop shut and went to bed.

So..not much going on in our lives. I am back to my old self. However, salsa does not taste the same anymore. Also, I used to be a Diet Coke addict, now I can barely stand the stuff. I am still hooked on room temperature tap water, which is not a bad thing.

I recently got on this Mineral Makeup kick. I went shopping on one of my days off at a new cosmetic store in town. I had one of the reps in the store do a makeover with Bare Minerals makeup. I loved it and bought the kit... After using it for 3 weeks my face broke out and my skin turned really oily. So I returned it. Then I set out on the internet to fine another brand. I came across this company based out of Austin, Texas called Everyday Minerals. They are totally internet based. They claim to keep to skin clear and control oil better than "other" brands. Best of all, the offer free samples!!! No kidding, FREE! So i sent off for my free sample kit. I have been using it for 3 weeks now...and LOVE IT! I encourge you ladies to give it a try!
Here is the website: https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

Conor is enjoying his summer. He moved up to the Pre-School class at daycare. I am freaked out because this is his last year in daycare. He starts school Fall 2009. He is learning a lot and likes to practice letters and numbers on the dry erase board. His favorite things to say at the moment are:


  1. "What the...?" Very similar sounding to "What the hell.." but w/o the hell part.

  2. When he drops something or something doesn't go his way he says "Tarter Sauce". He gets it from Spongebob.

  3. He saw the freckle I have on my backside today. He yelled and said "Mommy! What is on your butt"

  4. The other night I was waiting for the water to warm up before his bath. I said, why don't you run around for a while and I will call you when it is ready. He started running in circles and when I asked him what he was doing he said "I am running around like you told me to."

  5. When he wants something, he says "If you get me a drink, I will give you a lollipop." He must get this from school because we don't say it around the house.

  6. We had our first experience with name brand shoes. There is a skechers commercial for Airators shoes. He absolutely had to have them. Luckily we found them on sale with a coupon. In the commercial, the kids are flying and jumping really high. He put the shoes on right after we bought them, turned and looked at me with his puzzled face and said "Hey, I didn't fly". I realize what effect TV has on him.

Kids are hilarious.


So Craig and I are entertaining the thought of building another house. We have been in ours for 3 years and have outgrown it already. When we moved, we knew we wouldn't be here forever. I just didn't realize it would be so soon. Right now we are in the process of getting the house ready to sell. This will literally take us a year. We are going to take our time. We plan to put in a sprinkler and do some nice landscaping the in front. We also have minor repairs to do around the house. I also need to clean out cabinets and closets and get the house ready for staging. So in about a year or more, you will hear more about our new endeavor. We plan to stay in the same district, we are most likely going with the same builder, the area we are looking at is a few blocks down. The house we like is exactly what we want. This time we are going to do it right. After building one we now know the mistakes we made.


Conor went to the circus with my parents and the pictures are at their house. Craig had one picture from his phone. This the fabulous spiderman face paint. We have better pictures. I have Thursday and Friday off so I will post them then.



Hope you enjoyed the update!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time i got to read what our family is doing.. hahahahaha

Mika said...

the great bab00n is a nerd.

Anonymous said...

Hi there- I wish you were coming to Boise. Glad to hear all is well with you and your family.

Gina