Thursday, June 05, 2008

God is good...

I am usually a very private person when it comes to religion. I will not defend or explain my reason, I just hold my faith very close and private. Having said that I am here to claim that God is good.

Since having my tonsillectomy, our family went through and uncertain jog. My Dad was admitted to the hospital because he didn't feel well. It was quite scary for a few days. Rewind six years ago, around the same time of year he was admitted to the hospital where, after an unsuccessful attempt at a stent, we were given the news that he would need a triple bypass. Wow - a triple bypass at 57 years old. That is just too young. Given his family history, it was a given that heat problems would be there, but we had no idea it was to that extent.


The cath lab was quite busy and he kept getting bumped back on the schedule. We were upset and stressed and we all wanted to go home because he was feeling fine. God was certainly watching after us this week. They did an angiogram and a 90% blockage and blood clot was discovered in one of his bypassed grafts. The fabulous cardiologist suctioned out the clot and put in a stent and my Dad is good as new.

My friend, Nancy, who is pretty tight with God told me "If He brings you to it, he will bring you through it." If that isn't the honest truth, I don't know what is.

We made it through. Thank God.

P.S - As far as I am concerned, I am doing fine. My ears hurt so bad, but the nurse told me after a tonsillectomy it is expected. I had to call in another refill on my Hydrocodone and the pharmacist made me feel like a drug addict. Yesterday I ate 3 Cajun potato chips and nearly died from the pain. One gross thing I can tell you is that food gets stuck. Yes, it gets freaking stuck in my throat and it surfaces a few minutes/hours later. Totally gross, I know. Other than that, I know I will be able to eat jalapenos and Flaming Cheetos again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you going to give us an update soon?