Sunday, August 27, 2006

Back in school....

As some of you know, I decided to go to graduate school. I never thought that I would take the next step. After all, it took almost 10 years to get my undergrad degree. I chose to attend the University of Phoenix Online pursuing a MBA with emphasis in Marketing. I have had a lot of people ask me "Why UOPXOnline?". Here are my reasons....

  1. I don't have to take the GRE. If I can get out of taking a test, believe me I will. Besides, that is one less thing I have to pay for and I don't have to worry about my scores.
  2. I don't have time to attend a traditional University. I don't like to be away from my family and quite frankly, night school was a pain in my butt.
  3. UOPX is quite pricey. Luckily, Wells Fargo hooks its employees up with a sweet tuition reimbursement program. Nothing like going to school for free.
  4. I can be done in as little as a year and half with accelerated schedules. All this from the comfort of my home.
  5. What do I plan to do with my additional education? I have no idea. I know it will come in handy one day. I thought about getting a teaching certificate a few years down the road so I can be off with the kids in the summer, but I haven't made up my mind about that one yet.

So, my class start Tuesday, and I am kinda nervous. I am not sure why. Maybe since I worked on my undergrad from the time I was 18-27, I had gotten comfortable. Maybe I am nervous since an MBA means business. Or I am simply nervous because I don't know what to expect. Anyway, I will follow-up sometime this week to let you all know how the first few days go.

No comments: