Monday, April 21, 2008

Ouchie...

I learned today that Antibiotics and the Good 'ol Sun DO NOT MIX. My goodness, they put the warning on the freakin' bottle for a reason. So I had STREP for the 6th time in less than 12 months. Friday morning, I knew something was wrong. Since I am the Strep queen, I can smell it coming from a mile away. I went to the Dr. Friday morning and sure enough, the Strep test came back positive. I have an appointment with an ENT in 3 weeks to discuss a tonsillectomy. Who would have thought, 29 years old and having my tonsils taken out. Anyhow, back to my incident in the sun. Monday is soccer practice and I was ready to get some nice sun, while at practice. I am sitting there and within 10 minutes I started to itch really bad on my legs. I was thinking it was the grass or something. 20 minutes go by and I am hurting....I looked down and I could not believe what I saw. It looked like I had a measles, chicken pox, and some kind of terrible skin disease all at once. Now hours later, it feels like someone is poking me with a thousand little needles...Ugghh..

Conor is doing great in Soccer. I don't believe we have won a game, but it's not about the winning right? Those little guys get out there and try, you can't ask for anything more. I am simply delighted that Conor is even out there without bribery. He actually enjoys it. He listens to his Coach, plays well with the kids. He isn't very outgoing, but that will come with time.

Not much else is going on. Craig is getting closer day by day to the big 3-0. We are planning a little shindig...More to come about that soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok - so that picture doesn't look very pleasant!! Whsat the heck did you get into?

Gina