Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am tonsil free..

Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been about 7 hours since I bid farewell to my tonsils. Those nasty little boogers have caused me a great deal of pain for a number of years and I am so glad it is over. I won't go into all the details, but I will tell you there were two kids, a little boy and a little girl, who were getting their tonsils out too. We all had the same Dr, the girl went first, the little boy (about Conor's age) was 2nd, and I was 3rd. GUESS WHAT! The 29 year-old was shedding tears of fear while the two kids watched cartoons and had a grand 'ol time before surgery.

I decided to list my reasons of being so emo!
  1. I watch way too darn much TV. With shows like Grey's Anatomy and channels like Discovery Health Channel, you tend to "see" too much.
  2. I made the lovely mistake of watching a tonsillectomy on YouTube.com. Yes, there was one one there. After seeing the inside of a mouth after the procedure, you can image why I have only opened my mouth to eat, drink and talk. No lookie for me.
  3. Seeing two kids in line before me with great spirits and no idea what was about to happen made me wish I was 5 and knew no better.
  4. I also cried, because I watched the parents of the kids walk off after they were taken in for their procedure. As a fellow parent, I can't even image how that would have felt. After seeing that I have NO idea how my Mom and Sister do the job they do. My sister especially. She is with those kids after the parents leave and THANK GOD for the kind of person she is, without a doubt I would want her in there with my kid!
  5. I was terrified of having an "accident" while in the OR. Lets face it people, loosing all control over your body is intimidating and no one in the OR wants to hear "code brown"

When the Dr spoke with Craig and my Parents, he said my tonsils looked bad and it was evident they had suffered many infections. This takes me back about 13 years ago, when I kept having to go to my family Dr over and over again not being able to kick sore throats and Strep. He told me if I came in to see him again, he would have my tonsils taken out. I stopped going to him. It wasn't until I had Conor that I would go to the Dr when I was sick because I didn't want to spread it to him. Soooo all in all, I felt a little crappy after waking up. But after getting my prescriptions which include liquid hydrocodone a.k.a liquid HEAVEN, I am feeling pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola my friend...glad to hear u r doing ok...drink lots of frozen drinks...ya know which ones i'm talking about...love ya ...take care...:)

Anonymous said...

I hear that alcohol kills any sort of throat infection that might be brewing so make sure to drink lots of rum so you can stay healthy.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are OK......drink lots of liquids....

Gina