Friday, May 30, 2008

I have seen better days...but the end is in sight.

Ok, so day one was too good to be true. I should have known that feeling that good after having parts of your insides removed was too simple.

I have been able to manage the pain well with my drugs. However, I have to really be careful when brushing my teeth. I caught myself trying to scratch my throat with the toothbrush. What was I thinking?!?

One weird symptom I am having right now is total body aches. I feel like I just ran a marathon or climbed 1000 flights of stairs. My legs, neck and stomach are all sore. Makes you wonder when your body does when you are under anesthesia...

Right now it feels like I have a bad case of strep that just won't go away. Other than that, the whole thing wasn't as bad as I have heard. I know the benefits outweigh the downside by far. So if you read all the bad reviews of getting a tonsillectomy, take mine into consideration....it is not that bad if you are optimistic.

I will update again in a day or two. My friends are coming over soon to bring me some shaved ice. YUM!

Have a Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better - the second and third day are always the worst. But at least you are now on the road to recovery with no more strep in sight for you!!

Gina