Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall Daycare program...

What can I say, Conor is not much for the stage. Today was his second program at school. The kids have been practicing for weeks to get up on stage and sing two songs. "Let a Little Love in Your Hear" and "Walking on Sunshine" were the two songs. The program is held at Frenship Junior High Auditorium. We arrived shortly before 2pm and I walked Conor to the back to prepare with his class. It took some bribing and help from the Director to get him to stay back. I took my seat with Craig and my parents and patiently awaited the curtains to pull back.... I just knew in my heart this would not be good. Trying to be optimistic, I tried to make myself believe that he was just going to follow along with his class and sing the two songs. Nothing prepared us for what we saw when the curtains pulled back.


My poor son, is standing at the end of his class row, apart from the group, crying hysterically. So, I have two options. 1) Look like this asshole parent and leave him up there. 2) Run up and get him because leaving him up there only makes it worse. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a softie. I ran up and got him. He was crying so hard he could barely breath. So skipping nap today didn't help, but he absolutely does not like to be on stage. That is ok with me, that just means he is destined for other things. As long as he gets over his fear before he is presented the Heisman, he will be fine.


On a happier note, Craig and I celebrated our 4th Year anniversary. Our actual anniversary is on 10/12, but Craig is going to be out of town on business that day. So we decided to celebrate early. We went to O'Hana for some Japanese cuisine. Then we took in a movie. It was a nice night. We haven't been able to just be the two of us in quite a while.

Finally, we visited the new Target today. Holy Mackeral, that thing is huge. There were so many people, that you bascially had to find your own basket in the parking lot before going inside. I will give it another month or two before I go back. Too many people for me.

Short post I know, but I have a little bit more homework before I finish up my class. Talk to you all next week.

1 comment:

wish_on_a_star said...

Poor guy! MB - I need your current e-mail, the irbaboon ones keeps coming back to me!!! Hope to see you guys soon!