Monday, October 02, 2006

Family Reunion!

This weekend was the 41st Annual Sanders Family reunion. You know, when I was kid I was a brat. Of course, some my argue I still am a brat. Anyhow, I used to think family reunions were so boring and a waste of time. What the hell was wrong with me? I love my family and my extended family. There are so many of us. Attendance each year is over 100 and still growing. What is not to love about a family that big? As the years have gone by, especially recently, the old veterans of the group have passed on. Now it is what you make of it. They will never be the same, but we will have many more memories made. Now my kid(s) will have the same memories that I had when I was kid. Only this time around, I will make sure they appreciate it more than I did at that age. There is something comforting when you learn about your family history. It makes you so proud. Finding out where you came from and knowing the stories behind it, is so exciting to me. Especially, when you get to the age where you are really interested. Just recently, when Craig and I were driving back from Thanksgiving in Tennessee, we stopped in New Boston, Texas. That is where my Paw-paw was born. I got instant chills when we drove into the little town. I even cried. Just knowing that I was in the same town where he lived made me feel happy inside. I wish we had had more time to look around to learn more, but we were right smack in the middle of a 15 hour drive and home was the only thing on my mind. Maybe next time. Anyway, I got off the subject....Here are some pictures from our family reunion. Cheers to another great year. I love you all :-)

Conor with the some of the cousins..

This has to be one of the most awesome family trees I have ever seen.... The night before. Aren't we cute! Aunt Ashie and Conor acting up.... And people say we are related....Here is the 'ol Beal clan. There is a whole lot more of us, but they didn't get to make it. The terrible trio Another terrible trio! More family... The biggest group of them all!!So anyway, Blogger is probably upset with the size of this blog so I better stop. Let's all raise a glass.... Here is to family reunions. If you don't have family, you ain't got nothin'

No comments: