Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My first Truck and Swimming Lessons!!

In the last post I mentioned Conor is the proud owner of a new F-150 Power Wheels truck. It is just the cutest darn thing! I will go ahead and warn you now.....I let my kid run around in a diaper. And, Yes, in the front yard in daylight :-) I just have to remind everyone that Craig and I got a fabulous deal on this thing! Less than $100 bucks!



Moving on.... SWIMMING!!! We had a fantastic time. I wanted to get there early thinking Conor needed time to get used to the water. BIG MISTAKE. Conor wanted to get right in immediately when we walking in the door. Unfortunately, the "Y" had other classes going on at the same time so we couldn't just hop in when we wanted we had to wait until 6:30. So after some arguing and crying our cute little swim teacher said it was time. We all line up on the shallow end and moms get in first, then babies. Conor had a blast. He wanted me to let him go, but the water was too deep for him to be alone. He splashed and reached out for the floating toys, he loved to twirl in circles and kick his feet. Towards the end of our lesson, he wanted to jump of the edge to me. The 30 minutes went by fast, but it was much more of a workout than I expected. Some of the moms had younger kids who were still and allowed them to be held, but the rest of us had active toddlers who squirmed around the whole time. Needless to say, I was tired after that!!! The pictures from this time didn't turn out well. They were dark, but I was able to salvage one. Craig is going with me again on Thursday and he is going to try some different techniques with the camera to get some better pictures. I do have a scrapbook to fill you know :-) I have a week of vacations scheduled this month so Conor and I are going to have a swim day in a pool where we can stay longer. I LOVE being a Mommy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conor has a nicer car than I do.